CSIM was formally inaugurated by Ms Sudha Murthy of Infosys Foundation in Chennai on July 15th, 2001. The one-year full time Post Graduate Diploma in Social Initiative and Management (PGDSIM) was launched on August 15th, 2001 and the four-month part-time Social Entrepreneurship Outlook Programme (SEOP) on March 4th 2006.
285 participants have enrolled in CSIM Chennai till July 2010. Our average group size is 12 per course.
9 batches of PGDSIM and 10 batches of SEOP have been conducted.
65 NGO heads & 51 NGO staff have enrolled in our courses.
49 participants have launched 44 new NGOs on completion of the course
The rest were placed in NGOs across the state and are waiting for an opportune moment to embark on their venture.
CSIM Chennai’s inclusive educational policy has opened the doors for disabled and marginalized groups to benefit from the course. They include
- Ten Transgenders
- Eight orthopedically disabled
- Seven visually impaired
- Three HIV+ persons
We regularly conduct Workshops on Social Entrepreneurship for students of,
- NSS Unit of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- NSS Unit of MOP Vaishnav College for women
- Sociology Department of MOP Vaishnav College for women
- Sociology Department of Stella Maris College
- Social Work students of Loyola College
- Sociology Department of New College
- Sociology Department of Kanika Parameswari college
- Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development
As a resource hub, we conduct workshops for NGOs on,
- Basics of Fundraising
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Team Building & Leadership Training
- Financial Management for NGOs
- Legal issues for starting NGOs
- Documentation for NGOs
- Effective Communication & Presentation skills