Solving problems in society has always been a challenge to mankind. Despite many interventions, there seems to be newer problems arising due to changing patterns in society. Governments and NGOs have been doing their best to solve these challenges, but yet there is an urgent need for an effective problem solving mechanism within the country.
The Solution - Social entrepreneurs.
Social entrepreneurs see the unmet needs and societal problems as opportunities for a changed world. Social entrepreneurs have a major role to play in reshaping society through their passionate, realistic, innovative, and effective problem solving strategies. What India needs is an army of social entrepreneurs and change makers, trying to solve the issues across our villages and cities, and resolving to build a vibrant and shining India within the next decade.
Realising the need for Social entrepreneurship practices in India, Centre for Social Initiative and Management (CSIM) was launched in 2001 in Chennai by Mr P N Devarajan and a group of socially committed individuals. (Click here to know what inspired him to start CSIM)
CSIM is a project of Manava Seva Dharma Samvardhani Trust (MSDS).
CSIM is a pioneer in offering social entrepreneurship training programs in India that ensures, and enhances the quality of delivery in social change agents. CSIM pursues this mission by offering a wide range of training programs that advocates the principles and practices of social entrepreneurship. Thus, CSIM steps in with Social Entrepreneurship to:
- enroll, discover, and shape Social Entrepreneurs early in their life cycle
- support the process of Social Entrepreneurship in small and medium NGOs
- provide a Volunteer Constituency to Social Entrepreneurs and NGOs
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2015-2016
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2014-2015
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2013-2014
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2012-2013
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2011-2012
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2010-2011
- Download Chennai CSIM's Annual Report for 2009-2010
- Download Hyderabad CSIM's Annual Report for 2009-2010
"Consciously or unconsciously, everyone of us does render some service or another. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and it will make not only for our own happiness, but that of the world at large."
– Mahatma Gandhi